One little tip for keeping your hands toasty-warm is to make one or two of these, re-usable hand-warmers. They are super-quick to make, cheap as chips and really do the job in terms of keeping your hands warm on days like this.
Here is what you will need:
- Fabric scraps x 2 about 2 inches square
- Needle and thread
- Paper- about A5 size
What you do:
1) Put your fabric right sides together and sew either by hand or on a machine round 3 sides (I leave about 1cm seam allowance).
2) Turn right sides out and rolling the paper into a funnel shape, place the end of the funnel in your bag.
3) Fill with rice, leaving about 1 cm empty at the top.
4) Fold in your top edge and slip stitch or running stitch your warmer closed
Put your warmer on a plate in the microwave on high heat for 20 seconds and then pop in your pocket or carry for toasty hands!! They can be used again and again.
You could make bigger versions for cold feet indoors or for cramps or bad backs- just put in the microwave for longer to heat up.
So, treat yourself, Dear Reader and make one of these tonight for your poor hands.
Love Alice xx